Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Review of Medela TheraShells

Toys R Us

2 solutions in 1! Treat sore nipples/engorgement with large-holed backs or treat flat/inverted nipples with small-holed backs. Vented fronts provide airflow for healing and comfort. Helps keep nipples dry and prevent irritation. Contoured shape for discreet appearance. Snap-fit feature allows for ...


Not great for me

Leahsmom St. Louis, MO 4/29/2009

 

3 5

Cons: Hard to clean, Messy, Leaks

Best Uses: Breastfeeding

Describe Yourself: First Time Parent

So, I have read a lot of the reviews, and a lot of moms loved this item. I didnt for a few reasons. First, they LEAK. I know the purpose is not to absorb leakage, but if I am wearing them throughout the day in between feedings to help with the nipple I am also doing things like bending over to pick up my baby, or sweeping the floors and next thing I know I have a HUGE wet spot where the milk leaked out of the air holes. I thought they drew too much milk out and this is what caused the problem. Also, when i was wearing them they were keeping me too moist and that ended up causing a problem with my nipples for days, they would be raw and hurt. Therefore I stopped using this product. I think they did help for sore nipples since it keeps the nipple from rubbing on your clothing, but that is about all I used them for, which I had to after it caused rawness from too much moisture. Perhaps I was using them too often. But that is my problem.

()

No comments:

Post a Comment